The BayPort Credit Union Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler Weekend is proud to partner with the Begin Again Foundation.
Inspired by Audrey Leishman’s near-death experience in April 2015, the Begin Again Foundation was born out of a fiery passion for helping others.
BEGIN AGAIN FOUNDATION’S MISSION
The foundation’s mission is to save lives through sepsis and toxic shock syndrome education and awareness, provide financial assistance to survivors and families, and support communities during times of crisis.
ABOUT BEGIN AGAIN FOUNDATION
The Begin Again Foundation was created by PGA TOUR Pro and Virginia Beach resident, Marc Leishman and his wife Audrey after Audrey’s near death experience from sepsis in 2015.
Did you know that sepsis takes a life every TWO minutes? Did you know that more children die of sepsis than pediatric cancers?
Those statistics are startling. That’s why the Begin Again Foundation works to bring life’s most pressing needs to families facing medical and life crises & spread awareness about the signs and symptoms of sepsis.
The Begin Again Foundation offers the following programs:
- Butterfly Blessings: Helping CHKD patient families with resources to offset uninsured expenses. From bus passes to utility payments, Butterfly Blessings meets varying family needs to remove barriers for the child’s full recovery.
- LEISHline: Reducing financial burdens by awarding one-time $1,000 grants to sepsis, ARDS and toxic shock syndrome survivors across the country in need of help with life’s most pressing needs.
- Period Planners: Delivering “Audrey-approved” pads, wipes and new underwear to homeless shelters across Hampton Roads to help protect vulnerable women against toxic shock syndrome.
- Sepsis Ambassador Program: Educating communities about the signs and symptoms of sepsis.
- Angel Fund: Assisting bereaved families with one-time $1,000 grants to lay their loved ones to rest who have passed from sepsis, ARDS or toxic shock syndrome.